YoungJeong Oh

2013.âÁ¶Àû °¥µî_Creative Dilemma

±Û¾´ÀÌ : YoungJeong Oh ³¯Â¥ : 2013-06-05 (¼ö) 17:44 Á¶È¸ : 270

The 4th Individual Exhibition _ [ Creative Dilemma ]

Psychologism Artist  YoungJeong Oh

Psychologism ; Is the tendency to think from a psychological perspective by reverting various mental science problems including
                      philosophy to human¡¯s psychological and subjective process. 

If I were to express my artwork in one work, it would be Me, back then .

I am not certain ¡®why¡¯ but I have never imagined me, ¡®YoungJeong Oh¡¯ doing anything
other than this work, and ¡®YoungJeong Oh¡¯ always lives as an Artist in the future. 

The psychological tendency within my work began solely for myself, neither with the intention
to create an artwork nor to show it to others. It wasn¡¯t something that had a grand beginning,
but in fact, it commenced due to a small curiosity on ¡®Things that existed which weren¡¯t visible¡¯.
That small curiosity has led me down the road to where I am standing right now. 

It goes all the way back to when I was 10 years old. 
One day, when the end of the finger on my right hand touched the end of the left for a
Short while, I saw extremely thin threads which weren¡¯t visible. It felt as if countless
number of threads like a spider web remained even if the ends of the two hands weren¡¯t
in contact anymore, and it was certain that they existed at the ends of the hand, draped to them. 
This story which began from the tip of the hand doesn¡¯t only exist in me, but I felt that it
existed when I came across others, and existed when others came across others. It was
something that were visible to me, but were invisible, and it was something that couldn¡¯t
be removed, no matter how much you tried to remove those countless number of
threads, and they stuck onto every existing thing, and the thread eventually becomes
thinner from the point of where it began, and just like a murky fog that only seems to
become thicker, it felt like it was trying to hide ¡®things that were visible and existing¡¯.
Back then, I didn¡¯t know ¡°what¡± it was and ¡°why¡±, but the curiosities that were derived
from this story that I had experienced frustrated me for a long time. Since then, I spent a
great deal of time exploring on what the thing that existed for sure but weren¡¯t visible
were, among all the things that existed and were visible. As I began painting, that
curiosity naturally enabled me to solve my own thoughts on the ¡®relationship¡¯ between
humans and ¡®memory¡¯ and those were stories that were certainly related to ¡®things that
existed but weren¡¯t visible¡¯, and it was also a story about an exceptionally personal ¡®me¡¯.

My honest stories on the time of path that I have walked have been expressed in various
Methods. Just like my mother tongue, the work, expressed in a communication method
that is most comfortable to me, is drastically ordinary, but may not have been a general
theme, and I came to realize gradually that it was remarkably personal but not so
personal. The core of my perspective and story on the respective things among those
that existed but were not visible naturally shifted from the outer part of a human to
deep inside internally.

The many conflict factors experienced in the life of ¡®The human YoungJeong Oh¡¯ and
not ¡¯Artist YoungJeong Oh¡¯ made me start to explore in depth on the outer and internal
part of myself, and not others, and such troubles were revealed as the result of the
artworks with not a single part missing. Looking back, I was ashamed at the fact that
they were insufficient and not sound, however, that itself was a part of my past, so I
always made efforts not to deny the time that I have spent and my existence itself. It
scares me from time to time whenever I reveal my artwork, which is just like a diary that
I have written on everything about me in detail, as it feels that I am revealing every part
of me. On the other hand, to the people standing in front of my artwork which actually
is a subjective story of myself, they tell me that looking at the artwork was like
reminiscences of themselves.

Conflict factors of my life that were thought to be intensely subjective were in fact universal
conflicts that one went through as a human. We walk on our respective path called life,
standing on various roads with different appearances and in different time. We follow the road
through images which seem like a combination of images in my artwork which are not sound,
then without even noticing, just like recollecting the own special story which were buried deep
within the inner part, not an external truth,
a universal human road commonly exist beneath our respective path of life. 

If things that were invisible didn¡¯t exist, perhaps, we do not have to contemplate every time
we are facing a forked road. However, because we are human, in the inner world which is amplified even more,
hurt, desire, and emotions of sizes, which are impossible to be compared with those that are expressed externally,
sit deeply rooted in us, and causes us to be repeatedly faced with a dilemma.
However, if we overcome these unavoidable, repeated conflicts that must be confronted, a new me can be created. 
Even if a moment of conflict lies in front of our eyes, people who confront this fear Derived from a conflict,
and people who turn away always bound to exist.
A conflict that is turned away is not annihilated, and will always find its way back to me any time. 

The result of my work so far, and the time that I have passed by me have been gathered
And brought to you under a common theme of ¡®Creative Dilemma¡¯. All conflicts lead to creative output.
And, that output is the current me and you.
The conflicts that I have experienced so far has made who I am now, on the space time of my life that I have lived,
and even now, the conflicts that I experience every moment will present me with a gift of a unexpected, creative tomorrow. 
In this present moment which becomes the past that will raise me,
I dream of a true communication and sharing just like comradeship of the people that meet my artwork.  

I do not wish for a regulation of artwork which sets restrictions. 
I hope that my artwork in the future will be a corridor of meaningfulcommunication within ¡®Existence of existence.¡¯

Now, standing in the center of a whirlpool of a big change, internally, 
I look forward to my future which will undergo processes of change beyond the limit, 
And through communication with not only myself but also with everyone else. I sincerely
Wish for happiness within sincere freedom and peace. 

Third, April, Two Thousand and Thirteen
YoungJeong Oh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

³× ¹ø° °³ÀÎÀü _  [âÁ¶Àû °¥µî]

½É¸®ÁÖÀÇ ÀÛ°¡ ¿À¿µÁ¤
½É¸®ÁÖÀÇ ; öÇÐÀ» Æ÷ÇÔÇÏ´Â ÀÏ¹Ý Á¤½Å°úÇÐÀÇ ¿©·¯ ¹®Á¦¸¦, Àΰ£ÀÇ ½É¸®Àû¤ýÁÖ°üÀû °úÁ¤À¸·Î ȯ¿øÇÏ¿© ½É¸®ÇÐÀûÀÎ °üÁ¡¿¡¼­ »ý°¢ÇÏ·Á´Â °æÇâ

³» ÀÛÇ°À» ÇѸ¶µð·Î Ç¥Çö ÇÑ´Ù¸é . ±× ¶§ÀÇ ³ª . ÀÌ´Ù.

¡®¿Ö¡¯ ¿´À»Áö´Â ¸ð¸£°ÚÀ¸³ª ÀÛ¾÷ÀÌ ¾Æ´Ñ ´Ù¸¥ ÀÏÀ» ÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Â Àΰ£ ¡®¿À¿µÁ¤¡¯À» ³ª´Â »ó»óÇغ» ÀûÀÌ ¾ø¾úÀ¸¸ç, ³» ¹Ì·¡¿¡´Â ´Ã ÀÛ°¡ ¿À¿µÁ¤ÀÌ »ì°í ÀÖ´Ù.

³» ÀÛ¾÷ ¾È¿¡¼­ÀÇ ½É¸®ÁÖÀÇÀû °æÇâÀº, ÀÛÇ°À» Á¦ÀÛÇϱâ À§Çؼ­³ª ´©±º°¡¿¡°Ô º¸À̱â À§ÇÑ °ÍÀÌ ¾Æ´Ñ, ¿À·ÔÀÌ ³ª¸¦ À§ÇÑ °Í¿¡¼­ ½ÃÀ۵Ǿú´Ù. ½ÃÀÛÀº °ÅâÇÑ ¾î¶² ¹«¾ùÀÌ ¾Æ´Ï¶ó, ½ÇÀº ¡®º¸ÀÌÁö ¾Ê´Â Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â °Íµé¡¯¿¡ °üÇÑ ÀÛÀº È£±â½ÉÀ̾ú´Ù. ±× ÀÛÀº È£±â½ÉÀÌ Áö±ÝÀÇ ³»°¡ ÀÖ´Â °÷±îÁöÀÇ ±æ·Î ³ª¸¦ À̲ø¾ú´Ù.

½Ã°£À» °Å½½·¯ ³»°¡ ¿­ »ìÀÌ´ø ¶§¿´´Ù.
¾î´À ³¯, ³» ¿À¸¥ÂÊ ¼Õ°¡¶ô ³¡ÀÌ ³» ¿Þ¼Õ ³¡¿¡ ¾ÆÁÖ Àá½Ã ´ê¾Ò´Ù ¶³¾îÁ³À» ¶§, ¾ÆÁ÷ ±× ¼Õ³¡¿¡ ³²¾Æ Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â, º¸ÀÌÁö ¾Ê´Â ¾ÆÁÖ °¡´À´Ù¶õ ½ÇµéÀ» º¸¾Ò´Ù. ¸¶Ä¡ °Å¹ÌÁÙ °°Àº ¼ö¸¹Àº °¡´ÚÀÇ ½ÇµéÀº ³»°¡ µÎ ¼Õ ³¡À» ¶¾ ¼ø°£ºÎÅÍ ¾ÆÁ÷ ±×´ë·Î ³²¾Æ, ´Ã¾î¶ß·ÁÁø ä·Î ³» µÎ ¼Õ ³¡À» À̾î Á¸ÀçÇÏ°í ÀÖ¾ú´Ù ºÐ¸í.

³» ¼Õ³¡¿¡¼­ ½ÃÀÛµÈ ÀÌ À̾߱â´Â, ³ª»Ó¸¸ÀÌ ¾Æ´Ñ Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â ¾î¶² ´Ù¸¥ Á¸À縦 ¸¸³ª ½ºÄ¥ ¶§¿¡µµ, ´Ù¸¥ ´©±º°¡°¡ ¶Ç ´Ù¸¥ ´©±º°¡¸¦ ¸¸³ª ½ºÄ¥ ¶§¿¡µµ Áö¼ÓµÇ°í ÀÖÀ½À» ´À²¼´Ù. ºÐ¸íÈ÷ ³»°Ô´Â º¸¿´´ø, ÇÏÁö¸¸ º¸ÀÌÁö ¾Ê´Â °ÍÀ̾ú´ø, ¼¿ ¼ö ¾ø´Â ±× ¼ö¸¹Àº ½Ç °¡´ÚµéÀº ¶¼¾î¹ö¸®·Á Çصµ ¶¼¾îÁöÁö ¾Ê°í, Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â ¸ðµç °Íµé¿¡°Ô ºÙ¾î¼­, ½ÃÀÛÀÌ µÇ¾ú´ø °÷À¸·ÎºÎÅÍÀÇ ²öÀ» Á¡Á¡ ±æ°Ô ´Ã¿©°¡¸ç, ¸¶Ä¡ Á¡Á¡ £¾îÁö´Â »Ñ¿¬ ¾È°³¸¶³É ¡®º¸À̸ç Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â °Íµé¡¯À» °¡·Á°¡´Â µíÇÑ ´À³¦À» ¹Þ¾Ò¾ú´Ù. ±×°ÍÀÌ ¡®¹«¾ù¡¯ÀÎÁö ¡®¿Ö¡¯ÀÎÁö ±×¶§´Â ¸ô¶úÁö¸¸, ³»°¡ °æÇèÇÑ ±× À̾߱â·ÎºÎÅÍ ÆÄ»ýµÈ ±Ã±ÝÁõµéÀº ¿À·¡µµ·Ï ´Ã ³ª¸¦ ´ä´äÇÏ°Ô ¸¸µé¾ú´Ù. ±× ÈÄ·Î ¸¹Àº ½Ã°£À» ³ª´Â, º¸¿©Áö¸ç Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â ¸ðµç °Íµé »çÀÌ¿¡, ºÐ¸í Á¸ÀçÇÏÁö¸¸ º¸ÀÌÁö ¾Ê´Â °ÍÀÌ ¹«¾ùÀϱî Ž±¸Çß¾ú´Ù. ¹Ì¼úÀÛ¾÷À» ÇÏ°Ô µÇ¸é¼­ ±× ±Ã±ÝÁõÀº ÀÚ¿¬½º·´°Ô Àΰ£µé »çÀÌÀÇ ¡®°ü°è¡¯³ª ¡®±â¾ï¡¯¿¡ °üÇÑ ³ª¸¸ÀÇ »ý°¢µéÀ» Ç®¾î³»°Ô ÇÏ¿´°í, ±×°ÍµéÀº ºÐ¸íÈ÷ ¡®º¼ ¼ö´Â ¾øÁö¸¸ Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â °Íµé¡¯¿¡ °üÇÑ À̾߱⿴À¸¸ç, Áö±ØÈ÷ °³ÀÎÀûÀÎ ¡®³ª¡¯¿¡ °üÇÑ À̾߱âÀ̱⵵ Çß´Ù.

³»°¡ °É¾î¿Â ±æÀÇ ½Ã°£ À§¿¡¼­ ³ªÀÇ ¼ÖÁ÷ÇÑ À̾߱âµéÀº, ´Ù¾çÇÑ ÀÛ¾÷¹æ½ÄÀ¸·Î Ç¥ÇöµÇ¾îÁ³´Ù. ¸¶Ä¡ ¸ð±¹¾î¿Í °°ÀÌ ³ª¿¡°Ô °¡Àå ÆíÇÑ ¼ÒÅëÀÇ ¹æ¹ýµé·Î Ç¥ÇöµÈ ÀÛ¾÷µéÀº, Áö±ØÈ÷ ÀÏ»óÀûÀÌÁö¸¸ ÀϹÝÀûÀÎ ÁÖÁ¦´Â ¾Æ´Ï¾úÀ» ¼ö ÀÖÀ¸¸ç, Áö±ØÈ÷ °³ÀÎÀûÀÌÁö¸¸ °³ÀÎÀûÀÌÁö¸¸Àº ¾Ê´Ù°í Á¡Â÷ ´À³¢°Ô µÇ¾ú´Ù. °¢°¢ÀÇ Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â °Íµé »çÀÌ¿¡ Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â º¸ÀÌÁö ¾Ê´Â °Íµé¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ³ªÀÇ ½Ã¼±°ú À̾߱âÀÇ Áß½ÉÀº, ÀÚ¿¬½º·´°Ô Àΰ£ÀÇ ¿ÜºÎ¿¡¼­ ±íÀº ³»ºÎ·Î ¿Å°ÜÁ³´Ù.

Àλý¿¡¼­ ¡®ÀÛ°¡ ¿À¿µÁ¤¡¯ÀÌ ¾Æ´Ñ ¡®Àΰ£ ¿À¿µÁ¤¡¯À¸·Î °Þ¾î³½ ¼ö¸¹Àº °¥µî¿ä¼ÒµéÀº, ŸÀÎÀÌ ¾Æ´Ñ ³ª ÀÚ½ÅÀÇ ¿ÜºÎ¿Í ³»ºÎ¸¦ ±íÀÌ ÀÖ°Ô Å½±¸ÇÏ°Ô ÇÏ¿´°í, ±× °í¹ÎµéÀº °í½º¶õÈ÷ ÀÛÇ°À̶ó´Â °á½Ç·Î ³²¾ÆÀÖ´Ù. µÇµ¹¾Æº¸¸é, ºÎÁ·ÇÏ°í ¿ÂÀüÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀ½¿¡ ºÎ²ô·¯¿ï ¶§°¡ ¸¹Áö¸¸ ±× ¶ÇÇÑ ³ªÀÇ °ú°ÅÀÌ´Ï ³»°¡ »ì¾Æ¿Â ½Ã°£µé°ú ³» Á¸Àç ÀÚü¸¦ ºÎÁ¤Çϰųª ºÎ²ô·¯¿öÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀ¸·Á ¸Å ¼ø°£ ³ë·ÂÇÑ´Ù. ÀÌ·¸°Ô ³» ¸ðµç °ÍÀ» ³¹³¹ÀÌ ½á³õÀº ÀϱâÀå °°Àº ÀÛÇ°À» ²¨³» ³õÀ» ¶§¸é, ³Ê¹« ¿©°ú ¾øÀÌ ³ª¸¦ µå·¯³»°í ÀÖ´Â °Í °°´Ù´Â »ý°¢ÀÌ, ¶§·Î ³ª¸¦ µÎ·Æ°Ô Çϱ⵵ ÇÑ´Ù. ±×·±µ¥ ¸·»ó ³Ê¹«µµ ÁÖ°üÀûÀÎ ³» À̾߱⸦ ²¨³» ³õÀº ÀÛÇ° ¾Õ¿¡ ¼± »ç¶÷µé¿¡°Ô¼­´Â, ÀÛÇ°À» º¸¸ç °¢°¢ ÀÚ½ÅÀÇ À̾߱⸦ ¶°¿Ã¸®°Ô µÇ¾ú´Ù´Â ¾ê±â¸¦ µè°ï ÇÑ´Ù.

³Ê¹«µµ ÁÖ°üÀûÀÎ À̾߱â¶ó »ý°¢Çß´ø ³» Àλý À§ÀÇ °¥µî ¿ä¼ÒµéÀÌ, »ç½ÇÀº Àΰ£À̱⿡ °Þ´Â º¸ÆíÀûÀÎ °¥µîÀ̾ú´Ù. ¿ì¸®´Â, »ý±èÀ̳ª ½Ã°£ÀÌ ´Ù¸¥ ¼ö¸¹Àº ±æ À§¿¡ ¼­¼­ ¸ðµÎ°¡ °¢ÀÚ¸¸ÀÇ ÀλýÀ̶ó´Â ±æÀ» °È°í ÀÖ´Ù. ³» ÀÛÇ° À§ ¿ÂÀüÇÏÁö ¸øÇÑ À̹ÌÁöµéÀÇ Á¶ÇÕó·³ º¸¿©Áö´Â À̹ÌÁöµéÀ» ÅëÇØ µû¶ó°¡´Ù, Àڽŵµ ¸ð¸£´Â »çÀÌ ¿ÜºÎÇö½ÇÀÌ ¾Æ´Ñ ³»¸é¿¡ Àá½Ã ¹¯¾î µÎ¾ú´ø Àڱ⸸ÀÇ Æ¯º°ÇÑ À̾߱âµéÀ» ²¨³» ¶°¿Ã¸®°Ô µÇ´Â °Íó·³, ¿ì¸® °¢ÀÚÀÇ Àλý ±æ ¾Æ·¡¿¡´Â º¸ÆíÀûÀÎ Àΰ£ÀÇ ±æÀÌ °øÅëÀûÀ¸·Î Á¸ÀçÇÑ´Ù.

º¸¿©ÁöÁö ¾Ê´Â °ÍÀÌ Á¸ÀçÇÏÁöµµ ¾Ê´Â´Ù¸é ¿ì¸®´Â ¾î¼¸é ¸Å ¼ø°£ÀÇ °¥¸²±æ¿¡¼­ °¥µîÇÏÁö ¾Ê¾Æµµ µÉÁö ¸ð¸¥´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸ Àΰ£À̱⿡ ´õ¿í ÁõÆøµÇ¾úÀ» ³»¸éÀÇ ¼¼°è¿¡´Â, ¿ÜºÎ·Î Ç¥ÇöµÇ¾îÁö´Â °Í°ú´Â ºñ±³µµ µÇÁö ¾ÊÀ» Á¤µµÀÇ Å©±âÀÇ »óó, ¿å¸Á, °¨Á¤µéÀÌ ÀÚ¸®¸¦ Ʋ°í ¾É¾Æ, ¸Å ¼ø°£ °¥µîÀ» ¹Ýº¹ÇÏ°Ô ÇÑ´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸ ¿ì¸®°¡ ÇÇÇÒ ¼ö ¾ø´Â, ¸¸³ª¾ß¸¸ ÇÏ´Â ¹Ýº¹µÇ´Â °¥µîµéÀ» °Þ¾î³»¸é, ±×·Î ÀÎÇØ »õ·Î¿î ³ª¸¦ âÁ¶ÇØ °¥ ¼ö ÀÖ´Â °ÍÀÌ´Ù.

°¥µîÀÇ ¼ø°£ÀÌ ´« ¾Õ¿¡ À־, ±× °¥µîÀ¸·Î ÀÎÇÑ µÎ·Á¿òÀ» ¸¶ÁÖÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷°ú, ¿Ü¸éÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷ÀÌ Àֱ⠸¶·ÃÀÌ´Ù. Çѹø ¿Ü¸éÇÑ °¥µîÀº ¼Ò¸êµÇ¾îÁöÁö ¾Ê°í, ´Ù½Ã ¾î´À ¶§¶óµµ ³ª¸¦ ã¾Æ¿Â´Ù.

Áö±Ý±îÁöÀÇ ³» ÀÛ¾÷ÀÇ °á°ú¹°µé°ú ³ªÀÇ Áö³ª¿Â ½Ã°£µéÀ» ¡®Ã¢Á¶Àû °¥µî¡¯À̶ó´Â °øÅëµÈ ÁÖÁ¦·Î Çѵ¥ ¸ð¾Æ ¿©·¯ºÐµé°úÀÇ ¸¸³²À» °®°Ô µÇ¾ú´Ù. ¸ðµç °¥µîÀº âÁ¶ÀûÀÎ °á°ú¹°À» ¸¸µé¾î³½´Ù. ±×¸®°í, ±× °á°ú¹°Àº Áö±ÝÀÇ ³ª¿Í ¿©·¯ºÐÀÌ´Ù. Áö±Ý²¯ ³»°¡ °Þ¾î³½ °¥µîµéÀº ³»°¡ Áö³»¿Â ÀλýÀ̶ó´Â ½Ã°ø°£ À§¿¡¼­, Áö±ÝÀ» »ì°í ÀÖ´Â ³ª¸¦ ¸¸µé¾ú°í, ¸Å ¼ø°£ °Þ´Â Áö±Ý ³ªÀÇ °¥µîµéÀº ³»°¡ »ó»óÇÏÁö ¸øÇÑ Ã¢Á¶ÀûÀÎ ³»ÀÏÀ» ³ª¿¡°Ô ¼±¹°ÇÒ °ÍÀÌ´Ù. ³ª¸¦ Å°¿ö°¡´Â °ú°Å°¡ µÇ´Â ¸Å ¼ø°£ÀÇ ÇöÀç À§¿¡¼­, ³ª´Â ³ªÀÇ ÀÛÇ°À» ¸¸³ª´Â »ç¶÷µé°úÀÇ µ¿Áö¾Ö¿Í °°Àº ÁøÁ¤ÇÑ ¼ÒÅë°ú ³ª´®À» ²Þ²Û´Ù 

³ª´Â ÇѰ踦 Áþ´Â ÀÛ¾÷ÀÇ ±ÔÁ¤À» ¿øÄ¡ ¾Ê´Â´Ù.
¾ÕÀ¸·ÎÀÇ ³ªÀÇ ÀÛÇ°ÀÌ ¡®Á¸ÀçÀÇ Á¸À硯 ¾È¿¡¼­ ÀǹÌÀÖ´Â ¼ÒÅëÀÇ ¡®Åë·Î¡¯°¡ µÇ±â¸¦ ¿øÇÑ´Ù.

³»¸éÀûÀ¸·Î, Å« º¯È­ÀÇ ¼Ò¿ëµ¹ÀÌ °¡¿îµ¥ ÀÖ´Â Áö±Ý,
ÇѰ踦 ³ÑÀº º¯È­ÀÇ °úÁ¤µéÀ» °ÅÄ¥ ³ªÀÇ ¹Ì·¡¸¦ ±â´ëÇϸç,
³ª¸¦ ºñ·ÔÇÑ ¸ðµç À̵é°ú, ¼ÒÅë¿¡¼­ Ä¡À¯¸¦ ÅëÇÑ. ÁøÁ¤À¸·Î »ì¾Æ ¼û½¬´Â ÀÚÀ¯¿Í ÆòÈ­ ¼Ó¿¡¼­ ÇູÀ» ´©¸®±â¸¦ Áø½ÉÀ¸·Î ¹Ù¶õ´Ù.    

ÀÌõ½Ê»ï³â »ç¿ù »ïÀÏ
¿À¿µÁ¤